Incorrect or abnormal eating patterns in a child can lead to Child Obesity. A child is said to be obese when the body mass index (BMI) of his/her age is greater than 95%. A child is identified as overweight when her BMI is greater than 85% and less than 95%. There are several ways through which we can consult a physician at Child Care Hospital in Chennai and take an obesity treatment to prevent major problems.
What are the potential risk factors of childhood obesity?
Pediatric obesity treatment in Hyderabad can help children fight the social discrimination, depression and inferiority complex that comes along with obesity. Some of the potential risk factors include:
- High cholesterol.
- Heart diseases.
- Sleep Apnea.
What are the major factors that attribute to Child Obesity?
Hospital for child obesity in Hyderabad says that several factors contribute to childhood Obesity such as:
- Environment: The type of surroundings in which we live plays a major role. Unhealthy food products, processed foods, artificial beverages, etc.adds to a lot of calories. Many kids find restaurants, cafeterias, etc.are a cool factor and consider these as healthier and tastier than homemade foods.
- Hereditary: There is a higher chance of parents who were affected by childhood obesity to spread it to their kids through their genes.
- Socio-economic status: People who lack education on nutrition like the less educated or uneducated ones often eat foods that are not appropriate for the body thus causing obesity to themselves.
- Lack of Physical Activity: Those children who spend most of their time watching TV, computers and other electronic gadgets such as mobiles, I- pads, I-pods, etc.have an overall decreased physical activity which can affect their performance in schools and sports as well.
- Dietary Patterns: A right nutrition consists of a balanced diet with a combination of fruits, veggies, meat, fish or chicken.
What are the measures to prevent childhood obesity?
- Determination of a child’s weight as per BMI: Take your child to a physician if you notice a sudden change in your child’s weight or when you feel your child is overweight.
- An organized schedule for your child: Make a plan for your child that includes the intake of the right food and regular physical activity.
- Promote a healthy lifestyle: It’s high time we educate our kids on nutrition, health, and right eating patterns.
- Involve them in random activities: Take your kids out for shopping. Allow them to take part and involve in cooking. Make them indulge in sports of their choice.
- Surgery: When it comes to children, surgery is kept as the last option. Children usually have a less complicated body thus making it easier to prevent and cure childhood obesity without surgery.
Shens Speciality Hospital is a General & Multi-specialty hospital located near Ashok Nagar. Known to have the Best Pediatricians in Chennai, they upgrade themselves as and when the technology is advancing thus helping them grow both professionally as well as benefiting others.