Department of Pediatric Surgery deals with surgery for all children from newborn to adolescent upto 18 years. It includes newborn surgery, urology, gasto-intestinal surgery, thoracic surgery, minimal access surgery and Oncology in Children. The department caters to daily outpatients, inpatient services, Operating theater 4 days a week and 24 hours emergency services.
Department has performed many firsts in the state and the country
- Laparoscopic Neuroblastoma surgery in an 1 month old child
- Laparoscopic Hellers cardiomyotomy in a 5 month old child
- Laparoscopic diaphragmatic hernia in a New born
- Laparoscopic Pancreatico-jejunostomy in children with Chronic pancreatitis
- Rare Surgery: Removed Bundle of Hair from the Stomach of a Teenage Mentally Challenged Girl.