What is Day Care Surgery?
We at Shen Hospitals are committed to serving society by providing seamless access to most of the advanced procedures of providing patient-centric care and surgical services. We promise to deliver high-quality compassionate care with our medical experts who are highly experienced, so, we have expanded our services with a Day Surgery Centre.
Our Day Care in Chennai combines state-of-the-art technology, with cutting-edge infrastructure, equipped with exceptionally skilled and qualified medical practitioners providing excellent patient care.
This daycare centre is a solution for patients who require treatment on undergoing minor surgeries that don’t require hospitalization and ensure to discharge the patients on the same day once the surgery is performed.
We provide surgical services for a day care in Chennai under the following areas of expertise
- Time is spent less at the hospital
- The ability to return to an ordinary setting for your recovery
- We have an on-site diagnostic imaging centre and pharmacy.
- Our surgeries are conducted on a daily basis by using local or general anaesthesia with a team of highly skilled medical professionals.
Preparing for a day surgery
After settling the patient into the day surgery section of the hospital, your pulse blood pressure, weight and temperature will be checked and recorded. The anaesthetist will examine you, review your health history and ask you various queries.
There are certain things you should be aware of daycare in Chennai before you go into surgery including:
- Tests – you will have to undergo a physical examination, also, your anaesthetist will order you to perform additional tests to supplement those performed on your first visit to the day surgery.
- Fasting –You should not eat or drink anything for several hours before your anaesthetic. Usually, you are without food for at least six hours.
- Anaesthesia – your anaesthetist will discuss with you the appropriate anaesthetic. Sometimes, they may arrange for a sedative which has to be given within an hour or so before the operation. This will keep you drowsy and relaxed.
- Safety – you may be asked to remove your jewellery or false teeth if you have any.
Anaesthesia for day surgery
For the daycare in Chennai, the foremost step is you will be taken into the operating room or anaesthetic room to have the anaesthetic immediately before the operation begins. The anaesthetic depends on the type of surgery, your health conditions and, to some extent, your preference. It may include:
- General anaesthesia – It requires an injection into a vein in the back of hand to make you unconscious. Your anaesthetist will be dressed in theatre uniform, so, they may be difficult for you to recognise. Your anaesthetist is solely responsible for constantly checking over your pulse, breathing, and blood pressure during the entire surgical procedure.
- Regional anaesthesia –It is more complex where you have to consult your doctor for more information.
- Local anaesthesia – It is generally reserved for simple procedures where only the infected or immediate area surrounding the injection is numbed.
Some alternatives include:
- Anaesthetic cream – to rub into the skin for performing small surgical procedures.
- Acupuncture – to manage pain.
- Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation or TENS therapy –electrical current is passed through the skin, prompting a pain-killing response.
During day surgery
The operation is performed, as per the guidelines given by the surgeon for the daycare in Chennai.
Immediately after the surgery
When your operation is over, you will be shifted to the recovery room. It is a special area, near to the operating theatre where the staff nurses trained to look after patients will take intensive care.
If you are given a local anaesthetic for a small procedure, you will be discharged shortly after your surgery else after leaving the recovery room you will have to stay in the day surgery for an hour or two.
Day Care in Chennai at Shens Hospitals
Day Care in Chennai at Shens hospital has a renowned & reputed position in providing the best quality day-care services with highly qualified and experienced doctors and nurses for making diligent patients happy in offering cost-effective treatments. The superior technology used in the hospital along with multi-disciplinary facilities provides comprehensive care to our patients for their super-fast recovery, maintaining compassion that is needed overall.
We work on a systematic approach with an effective team sincerely, for the recuperation of the patients at the earliest by providing them with exclusive daycare services by building the trust factor according to the highest ethical standards. We also strive for systematic innovations to give desirable results. Furthermore, we possess respect and mutual trust for our associates besides the diligent patients by implementing ethical practices.
Day Care treatment vs OPD treatments
Day Care Treatments
For a daycare treatment, an individual must be admitted to the hospital for a minimum of 24 hours. In recent days, due to technological advancements, the daycare in Chennai does not take a long time to provide treatments. Also, the daycare procedures are covered by your health insurance plan for certain treatments mentioned in the policy wordings.
OPD or Outpatient Department Treatment are the treatments provided for the cases where the diagnosis of the ailment is done on the advice of a medical expert or practitioner.
On both days the treatment and outpatient department treatment may seem similar because of the lower treatment time. But there is a fine line of difference between these two treatments which include the level of hospitalization and procedure to claim your expenses.
Claims process for Day Care Treatments in Chennai
- The process of filing the day care claims is mostly similar to that of a regular health insurance claim whereas, the day care procedure cover is a policy feature that is in-built. The insured can avail cashless hospitalization facilities for certain treatments before the procedure by getting proper assistance in clarifying your queries with the insured company.
- The provision for pre hospitalization and post hospitalization benefits are the same without making much difference.
- The insurance plans cover the doctor’s fees, medical bills, diagnostic tests, and dental treatment.
- However, the expenses incurred are subject to the sub-limits mentioned in the policy document. It is recommended to read the policy document thoroughly as the coverage may differ from one policy to another.
Factors to take into consideration on choosing a daycare plan:
- Cashless facility
- Cost-effective treatment
Benefits of Day Care in Chennai
The main benefits of day-care procedures include:
- Quality Treatment: A personalized attention is given to the patients because they can be hospitalized to get the best quality day care treatments.
- Cashless Treatments: If the patient satisfies the policies mentioned in the insurance, he can take cashless treatments and claim for medical insurance later.
- Tax Benefits: He gets more tax benefits compared to that of the OPD treatments.
- Peace of Mind: An individual can get a peace of mind by building positive vibes with the supporting staff and also the doctors will boost your confidence before and after the treatment which can be the result of half-recovery at the hospital itself.